Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jesus and Spiders

“They hatch the eggs of vipers and spin a spider's web. Whoever eats their eggs will die, and when one is broken, an adder is hatched.” - Isaiah 59:5

Ok so update. I haven’t been feeling that great the last week but it’s about the same thing I got the first time I came here last year. It’s probably just from the radical weather changes—hot to cold and cold to hot. I only get sick like this down here, not at home or in other countries. There is just something about Argentina. I didn’t really see the need to go to the medical center here though. However, I received a bug bite on my face, my cheek to be exact, which at first I believed was from a mosquito considering the fact that there are more mosquitoes here then there are black people in west Philly (I love black people by the way). But Sat morning, a few days after I first noticed the bite, I woke up to find that my whole right side of my face was swollen; and it hurt, and everyone laughed at me. So I was like whoa I don’t think this is from a mosquito, most likely from a spider—an Argentine spider for that matter. So I went to centro medico (conveniently during my work hours) and they gave me a shot of penicillin in the butt (It hurt) and a few dozen horse-pills to take… it was lovely. Also while I was there I asked if they could check me because I still wasn’t feeling well. They told me I had a huge amount of mucous built up in my chest, or lungs, or somewhere in me, and they gave me a shot in the butt and another few dozen slightly smaller pills (just kidding about that second shot in the butt). So now, a day later, my swelling has gone down and everything is good. That shot of penicillin did me a lot of good, I might want to get them regularly. I got two days off of work so ill take a spider bite and everyone calling me spider-man over washing dishes any day; and I am going to Sunday and Monday. But everything is good we are entering our 4th week of summer camp. Only like 3 more weeks until our big vacation week to a place more south in Argentina, which I have heard is sooo much fun. But ill update later more stuff I just thought that was kinda cool. THANKS

“Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.”

-unknown

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh no!! I haven't been feeling well either...I hope I didn't get bit by a Spanish spider!!! also, remember in Guatty when Miguel had to get shots in the butt for his spider bite?! baha

    ReplyDelete