Sunday, January 10, 2010

Just.. more

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

-Jim Rohn

Ok so I have been down here for not even a week yet. Almost. But just a few updates: I got moved out of my old room (they are trying to move everyone out of that building eventually, I just got lucky and was picked first), I am now in a room made for seven with ten guys including myself, so that’s fun, and It is 93 degrees today. The weather though actually is not that bad. Yes it is hot but there is a building with AC and as long as you stay hydrated you will be fine. And you can always take a cold shower, which is what I just did. The mosquitoes though are horrible and although it feels really nice at night, and the morning, like really nice, the rooms are still really hot which is annoying. We are preached to every morning in Spanish and my group has to take notes, in Spanish, for a bible grade. Its not easy but I am coming along. We have class after the preaching for 2 hrs right before lunch, in which I have to clean up for afterwards. My job, lavado, or dish pit, is a lot of work. Really more work than any other job. It takes about two to two and a half hours after lunch and dinner to clean the kitchen and dishes (I don’t have to work breakfast because I have classes in the morning). But I have a little more free time than others, kinda. And I just found out that they are going to give us Sundays off and get people to fill in for us. I had to work today but this is the only time. Its kind of weird though, I work today (today is Sunday) and we do not have a church service. It’s a little heretic, or sacrilegious, or one of those anti-christian terms, working on Sunday without a service of any kind; but its cool. I went to town today. Fun stuff. It’s pretty hot and humid because it rained this morning. We have Mufa Pufa tonight, which is like a hodgepodge of dangerous games that push you to the limit, none of which would be approved in America. So I am looking forward to that. So far everything is good. Did I tell you about the movie I was in? Yeah I’m pretty much a movie star now. Maybe I will talk about it later. So there is probably more but that’s it for now. Thanks!

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

-Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment